Travel time is almost 7 hours. I didn’t bothered creating an itinerary, I just grab a guide from Ada of travelinboots.com . At the last minute, while we are on the taxi to Cubao Bus terminal I called the Rock View Beach Resort, good thing its low season so we were able to book without hustles. I also asked them to pick us up from Bolinao Terminal which ended up a very good decision even if it caused us twice the price of the regular fare going to Patar beach.
Rock View Beach Resort is such a wonderful accommodation. It’s really confusing as its downsides were also its strengths. To cite an example is the location, it’s far from the white beach where all the cottages crowds. Thus, it was serene, silent and very relaxing, in fact, we had the entire rocky view all for ourselves – very lucky us! However, swimmable part is nowhere near the area during Amihan (Northern Monson) which means that you have to travel down around 2km to beach bum.
Lighthouse:8-10minute walk away from our accommodation.
The Enchanted Cave:Like the Enchanted River in Hinatuan, this cave too has a very clear turquoise water. Based on the staff on duty that time, the cave is connected to the sea which explains the enchanting color of the water. It’s a nice place, and the water is very refreshing. The cave itself is very small though, I don’t think it’s worth a hundred and fifty for a quick tour and dip.
Patar Beach:Beyond my expectations, the place specially the shoreline when we visited was very clean. The sand color is cream while most of the review says it's dark beige. According to the owner the golden sand is most of the time an effect of flooding water from highlands which makes its color darker during rainy season.
The Awesome Rock Views, turquoise water and Sunset:Lastly is the view and the famous golden sunset of Bolinao! It was spectacular! I totally did not expect it, very picturesque place. The rocks, the cliffs, the waves, the clear turquoise water and the sunset - it is such a bliss.
Everything at the back of our cottage is very refreshing and encouraging. It stimulates not only our desire to take photos but also for some energizing yogic poses all at the same time. More to that is the strength it gives me while challenging myself on three of my weaknesses – the height, the force of killer waves and the composure and balance while withstanding through my discomforts.
Such a nice trip indeed, we went home tired, happy and satisfied. Inside our backpacks are our new found courage and poise.
- I find this place an expensive destination for two, so I suggest visiting this place in a group so you could cut the expense down to 50%.
- Tour first before proceeding to the resort, as most of the resorts are very far and when you’re already there, the deal gets fewer on tour package to choose from. We were priced 800.00 just going to the lighthouse (which we later found out was just a walk away from our stay), enchanted cave (150.00 entrance fee per pax) and a short stop at what they call the white beach. It's 1,500.00 if we choose to go to the waterfalls. The tour lasted 4 hours and our verdict? Overpriced.
- Always ask your stay if they offer food, we found out that most of them don’t.
- When you are coming from the metro, make the most of your travel time, visit Hundred Islands.
- Lastly, make sure to check the bus schedule, to avoid playing the waiting game. :)
Will I come back? Definitely yes!!! - on the same season with the gang and will make sure to visit Hundred Islands!