Macau (in modern Portuguese) or Macao (original Portuguese spelling) is one of the two special administrative regions of the People's Republic of China, along with Hong Kong.
- HK$ is widely accepted in Macau.
- If you are commuting by bus, exact fare is required or use your card (which we don’t have an idea that time). I haven’t seen one who gives change.
- For some take-away, we had a lot from Koi Kei’s, their cookies and some products taste really good. They also offer free boxes if you buy in bulk – very kind of them to count all your boxes if you’re group.
- TIPS on buying your ferry ticket for crossing Hong Kong – Macau and vice versa: if you’re not too tight with your itinerary, I would suggest you to buy it upon exit and entry, that way you won’t rush things up just to catch your scheduled trip.
- Also, know your docking port. Not knowing that we are docking at Hong Kong, made us walk a lot and take extra train rides.
- Be at the ferry at least an hour ahead of your scheduled trip, we encounter one who missed her trip.